What is Home?

Lsst weekend my family and I went "home" to where I grew up. This is still 'home' even though I haven't lived there for 27 years. Then we traveled to Long Beach Island, NJ to our vacation house which is most definitely 'home' even if we only spend a few weeks a year there. After the upcoming 4th of July weekend, I'll head 'home' to Connecticut, while my wife and son stay 'home' in NJ. So what is home anyway?

Brian Cooke just returned home after 3 months in Haiti (so pround of you Brian!), but now he's already talking about returning 'home' to Haiti for a year. Our son Kyle wasn't even moved into his NYU dorm when he refered to 10th and Broadway as his 'home'. Our other son considers the Coast Guard 'home' regardless of what ship or base he is on. Of course, we always enjoy it when our boys come home, whether that's CT or NJ. So what is Home anyway?

0 comments: